The Holly PAC (Parent Advisory Council) Executive is an elected volunteer organization for parents & guardians of children attending Holly Elementary.
The PAC is You! Each person with a child attending Holly Elementary is automatically part of the PAC. The job of the PAC Executive is to build community within Holly by coordinating various special events throughout the year, and to raise funds to contribute to the growth of our children. We work together with the Holly Teachers and Administration to arrange for and coordinate unique opportunities and events for our students and their families. To read more about where the money raised is spent, please visit our Money At Work page.
2017/2018 PAC Executive
Chair: Amanda Keulen
Co-Vice Chairs: Kristy Takeuchi & Shannon Datillo
Secretary: Annabelle Devos
Treasurer: Erica Edigar
DPAC Rep: Kristin Visscher
Past Chair Rep: Jamie Kwiatkowski
Member of Communications: Alison Day
Member at Large: Andrea Peterson
These positions are voted on each May by attendees at the PAC General Meeting. If you are interested in running for a position on the PAC Executive, nominations are requested prior to May’s meeting to be put forward. Kindly contact the PAC Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAC General Meeting
PAC General meetings are held several times a year at 7:00 PM in the school Library. If you require babysitting, arrangements can be made with prior notice, please email the PAC at email@example.com. Meetings usually run from an hour to an hour and a half. In attendance are the PAC Executive, the Principal, Vice Principal, a teacher representative and any Holly parents who wish to attend.
Why should I attend?
- this meeting is a good opportunity to hear the Principal give a quick snapshot of what is happening at the school and in the classrooms
- to be involved in voting on where to spend the money that is raised by the PAC throughout the year
- to participate in planning for future events
- to review past events and discuss how they can be improved
- this is great opportunity to bring new ideas forward
If I attend will I get asked to volunteer?
- this meeting is only to give parents information about what is going on in the school and in the classrooms
- there are many volunteer opportunities for those parents who are wanting to get involved but they are not required of any parent
- a parent would not be asked to volunteer for a position when attending a general meeting, they would need to ask to volunteer if that is something they want to do
2017/2018 PAC General Meeting Dates:
Wednesday, September 27th, 7:00pm, library
Thursday November 9th, 7:00pm, library
Wednesday January 17th, 7:00pm, library
Monday February 26th, 7:00pm, library
Wednesday April 4th, 7:00pm, library
Wednesday May 16th, 7:00pm, library ** New Exec is voted in**
June 2018, location TBD (this will not be a meeting but a PAC Social)
PAC Executive Meeting
PAC Executive meetings are held once a month, this year on the third Tuesday of every month, at 9am. The elected members of the Executive meet to discuss current issues, upcoming events, and budget items. The Principal and/or Vice Principal sometimes attend the meetings also, to offer the Administration’s perspective and to bring up any new business that requires an immediate decision to be made, or needs to be discussed and brought in front of the parent community at the next General meeting.
2017/2018 PAC Executive Meeting Dates:
Tuesday, September 19th
Tuesday, October 17th
Tuesday, November 21st
Tuesday, December 19th
Tuesday, January 16th
Tuesday, February 20th
Tuesday, March 13th
Tuesday, April 17th
Tuesday, May 15th
Tuesday, June 19th